Best Three films highlights the importance of our youth and their role in the communities and the Islamic nation.
Films must showcase the creativity and unique skills in story telling.
Young people acquire a wide creative energy that has been manifested in their artistic, literary, intellectual and cultural production in general. This has made a distinctive impact on the cultural activity in the Islamic societies and led to the promotion of cultural diversity, intellectual and artistic openness, creative interaction among artists and the dissemination of identity elements in their creations, so that communities preserve their identity since Youth is the power of the nation.
Therefore, the Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum, an international organization affiliated to the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, invites the youth of Islamic countries to participate in the Doha Youth Innovation Award, which will be distributed during the conclusion of Doha Capital of Islamic Youth, January 17, 2020. The Award aims at valuing the skills and creations in various artistic and creative fields for youth delegates, so as to contribute in the formation of youth experiences that would be able to engage in community development, and to work to develop these experiences.
- Developing the spirit of innovation and creativity among young people in various scientific, literary and artistic fields and moving away from stalemate and calcification in thinking and planning.
- Providing an appropriate environment for creative youth to highlight innovative efforts and unleash creative skills.
- Encouraging young Muslims in the culture of competition and excellence.
During this competition, the Doha Youth Innovation Award will be distributed following the Short Films Theme.
All this aims at motivating young people to continue to innovate in order to serve their countries and achieve their development.
The Award and the deadline for the submission of works would be announced according to the specified schedule and no contributions would be accepted after that deadline.
The name of the winners in each field would be announced during the closing ceremony of Doha, Capital of Islamic Youth events on January 17, 2020.
Terms of Participation:
A- General conditions
- Participants must be from 18 to 30 years old for both genders.
- Participation is allowed to young people of OIC Member States or youth representatives of non-OIC Member States.
- The participant must adhere to the event’s regulations and procedures as stated by the organizing committee.
B- Registration and Participation Mechanism:
- The participation form shall be sent before the specified deadline for the registration for the event.
- Curriculum Vitae and required information should be attached through the following link on the website of Doha, Capital of Islamic Youth: https://www.dohaiyc.qa
- The selected winners will receive an invitation to participate in the closing ceremony of Doha, Capital Islamic Youth 2020 via their emails as indicated in the registration form.
Technical Criteria for Participation in the Short Films Theme:
- The participation would be open from June 16 to October 1, 2019, through registration and following up the participation steps on the website. This is an essential step for those wishing to participate.
- Only one film is allowed per participant
- The length of the film should be between 1 and 5 minutes.
- The film may be presented in any language, but must include translation in both Arabic and English (if your film is presented in either Arabic or English, you must include a translation for either language only)
- You must obtain written permission from each person shown in your film, and the written consent of the owner of any site you use in your film.
- Avoid filming brand names in your movie.
- Your film should not be uploaded online, on social media or other public platforms before and after it is sent to us. (If your film did not win, you can of course upload your film on any of these platforms after 2019).
- Your film should not have participated in any previous film festivals or contests.
- The jury shall be allowed to decide to exclude any of the submitted films if they do not meet the specified rules.
- Decisions of works selection and arbitration committees are final and may not be objected or challenged.
- The sent film file shall bear the person’s first and last name (in English).
- The Ministry of Culture and Sports and its assistants are entitled to use the winning films while maintaining the intellectual property of the work’s owner.
- The films are to be uploaded to the event’s link, and no other means of sending the films would be accepted: dohaiyc.qa
Jury committee will be formed to choose the best 5 films to be screened during the closing ceremony of Doha, Capital of Islamic Youth events on January 17, 2020. Only 3 films will be awarded:
1st Prize: 30,000 QAR
2nd Prize: 25,000 QAR
3rd Prize: 20,000 QAR
Travel and Accommodation Expenses:
The host country will cover travel expenses to and from the participant’s country of residence as well as internal transportation, accommodation, and meals.
Disclaimer: the Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum and the Ministry of Culture and Sports in Qatar shall not be liable for any errors, inconvenience, omission, deletion, delay in operation or transmission, failure of communication lines, or unauthorised access to the registration forms.
Registration has been closed for the specified period.
Doha Film Institute